What to expect / FAQ

Do I need a referral to access a service?

For clinical supervision, coaching, counselling and training, NO, you do not need a referral.

For SIRA and/or EAP services, you will need to consult with your insurer and/or EAP service provider to access session entitlement and support for payment.

What happens when I made an initial contact?

When you made initial contact, I will take your details and talk to you confidentially about your concerns and how I can assist you with your queries. I will then provide consultation on what will happen next, with information about the practice location, days and times that you can attend an initial appointment, and discuss the payment option.

What to expect at my first counselling session?

To initiate counselling is already a great step towards building yourself and your life in a proactive manner. It is quite normal to feel a little anxious at your first appointment. You may also feel a bit strange in talking to a professional about your issues or concerns, or it might be a feeling of relief that you are finally taking some steps towards working on your problems.

When you arrive at the practice, I will greet you and invite you into my consultation room, where I will explain the service structure, the record-keeping procedure and the limitations to confidentiality as part of my clinical practice standard.

The first session is simply an opportunity for me to get to know you and talk about what concerns you may have. It is also a great way for you to be informed about my practice style and clinical approach, in order for you to make a decision on whether our collaboration would be of benefits to you with your identified concerns.

At the end of the first session, we will discuss the structure for the next steps, including the frequency of the appointments, suitable date and time. If there are concerns to provide the best form of support by engaging with another service provider for your current situation, I will inform you of such referral structure and provide further guidance on accessibility.

Where is the practice location?

The practice is located in a home-based office towards the end of Yvonne Street, near the corner of Edensor Road and Harrington Street. Street parking is available at all times.

Address is 24 Yvonne Street, Cabramatta West, NSW 2166.

What are the opening hours?

Current opening hours are Monday-Wednesday 5pm-8pm, and Thursday-Friday 9am-9pm.

What are the methods of payment?

All service fees are payable by cash, direct deposit or Electronic Bank Transfer, which is processed at the beginning of each session.

To process any payment via Direct Deposit / Electronic Bank Transfer, please make payment to the following account:

Account Name: Huynh Tran

Bank: St George

BSB: 112 879

Account Number: 483 499 378

Can I claim the counselling fee through my Private Health Insurance?

As all health insurance policies are different, I would suggest for you to contact your insurer directly to discuss if you are eligible for a rebate.

Currently, I am an approved service provider for BUPA and Police Health and Emergency Services.

Can I cancel my appointment/service at any times?

It would be greatly appreciated if you can give me 24 hours’ notice for any rescheduling and/or cancellation request.

There is NO requirement for you to provide any reasons regarding your request for rescheduling and/or cancellation.

What happens if I want to make a complain and/or suggestion?

As a service provider, I am committed to ensuring that you are able to make a complaint and/or suggestion easily and it is dealt with in a timely and sensitive manner, even with an anonymous complaint. If you make a complaint and/or suggestion, you can expect that:

  • You will be treated with respect.
  • You will be informed of what to expect while your complaint/suggestion is being looked into and handled in a fair and open manner.
  • The reasons for the decisions that are made will be provided.
  • Your privacy will be protected.

If all internal processes to address the complaint have been exhausted and you are still not happy with the final result, you can escalate your complaint to external sources or relevant authorities such as

  • The NDIS Commission if you are receiving NDIS funded support,
  • The professional peak body PACFA if there are concerns with my ethical conduct and practice,
  • NSW Ombudsman,
  • The Health Care Complaints Commission.

If your questions or queries have not been answered here, please do not hesitate to contact me directly on 0432 015 204 or at brain.body.conversation@gmail.com.

Thank you for considering my service.

​Brain Body Conversation acknowledges the traditional inhabitants and custodians of the lands on which we are each situated and we remember that this land was, is and always will be Aboriginal land.

Deep respect is extended to our First Nations Elders past, present and emerging.